EA Shutting Down Online Servers For NBA Jam, NHL 11, And More
There comes a time in the life of a video game where it can’t be supported anymore. It takes a few years for that to occur and with sports titles; it was going to happen one day as the franchises are kept up on a yearly basis anyway. However, there are still people who play some of the older sports titles for the sake that they aren’t too thrilled or happy to be playing the current games. While they can still play those games, EA has decided to shut down the online serves for good on the following six games as of January 11th, 2013.
- FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
- FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
- Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii & Xbox 360
- Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NCAA Football 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NHL 11 for PS3 & Xbox 360
- NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 & Xbox 360
A few days after these games get shutdown, two more titles are being shutdown as well and that’s The Sims 2 on the 14th and Trenches II for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch on the 19th.
To see what else has been taken down the last few months or for any future updates on titles that will be no longer supported online; you can go to http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates for any more information. If you play any of these titles and never got the online achievements for them, I would get on it now while you still can. That is, if there is anyone left online playing them.