Tons of New Black Ops News And Screenshots Just In
Wow what a way to end the week. Lots of new info for Black Ops II has just been released including info regarding maps, multiplayer customization, and even weapons! Oh and a ton of new screenshots! Because there is a lot of info to go over I will try to focus on what is new and note worthy.
Black Ops II is bringing a brand new “create a class” reboot with it. Players will be introduced to a new “pick 10″ allocation system. The new system will allow for a multitude of combinations by allowing players to take content from each category, you know like an all you can eat buffet of death and destruction. You can spend your 10 point any way you like to create a class that is truly unique to your play style.
The year is 2025 and it shows on the battlefield by including Robots! Deadly deadly robots. The Guardian is a high powered microwave turret used for crowd control, the Swam unleashes an army of killer drones that attack enemies. The MQ-27 Dragonfire is a remote controlled quad rotor light machine gun. The AGR (autonomous ground robot) is a sentry drone which will fight autonomously for you.
Weapon perks will now be built directly into the attachments themselves instead of taking up a slot
- Assault Shield – Create and move portable cover
- Target Finder – Easy identification of friend or foe
- Millimeter Wave Scanner – New optic that shows stationary (non-moving) targets at close range and through surfaces
- Dual Band Scope – Shows any object that generates heat, allowing for more precision in long-range shooting
- Shock Charge – Non-lethal thrown device that electrocutes and stuns enemies that come near it
- Laser Sight – Both visualized on the gun and seen by the weapon’s owner and other players – you immediately understand the capabilities of this perk and the player that’s got it.
Along side your already favorite gamemodes Black Ops II will be bringing one new mode with it, Hardpoint. In Hardpoint teams will battle for map control in a traditional kind of the hill style gameplay.
Prestiging will no longer wipe your earned weapons and perks out. You can now keep everything you have earned and simply Prestige and earn a token. This token can be used to unlock whatever they want, forever.
Achieving Prestige brings a few rewards to use such as the ability to take an extra Create-a-Class slot (up to 5 total), the ability to reset stats entirely, or secure a “refund.” (A refund returns all of the unlock tokens spent so far and relocks the content.) Players can then choose to unlock a different set of items than the ones previously selected.
Here is quick list of the maps you can look forward when the game launches next month
MULTIPLAYER MAPS: In the gameplay rotation:
- Aftermath: Ruins of downtown Los Angeles after a drone attack.
- Cargo: In the docks of Singapore, where cargo containers are constantly moving and changing the shape of cover in the map center.
- Turbine: Set in a wind farm in the desert plains of Yemen, Turbine is a large, open map, with the ability to climb on everything.
- Yemen: Urban street fight with tight alleyways and lots of changing elevation to the battle.
- Overflow: Great Urban engagements in the flood littered streets of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- Express: Los Angeles bullet train station with good long to medium engagements up and down the train tracks.
- Hijacked: Luxurious super yacht with frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
Zombies! Lets not forget about the zombies! Players will now be able to take on the onslaught of the undead in three different ways. Tranzit will see players work in a co op setting to “unravel the mysteries of a dying Earth”. Survival will play like horde mode and will feature endless waves of the undead. Grief will work as a new game mode where the last man standing in a 4 vs 4 vs zombie scenario.
Now check out the screenshots below to try to put all of the information into your eyeballs with color