NCAA 13 Title Updates Coming Soon
NCAA fans have been making their voices heard since the games July 10th release in regards to a handful of issues they’ve been having with the game, most notably the dynasty mode issue that forces the game to crash. Lead Producer of NCAA 13, Jason French, has come out today and announced that two title updates are coming within the next two months to address these issues.
The first title update on July 31st will handle two of the main issues fans have been complaining about which is the random dynasty bug that forces the game to crash leaving players unable to continue unless they sim around it. The second issue being addressed is the loss of functionality within the Playcall screen that would cause users the inability to change formations and having to press pause or get out of the Playbook and go back in to make it work again.
The second title update won’t be until late August and the fixes for that update are listed below
- We improved receiver leverage logic as well as predicting when a receiver will be in or out of their zone.
- Improved Deep Half Zone decision making about when to split between uncovered receivers. Also, allow more zones overlapping in deep half to cover more area.
- Deep half defenders were dropping too close to the sideline or dropping outside when no receiver was outside of their position.
- No-Huddle QB Spy bug fixed. Defenders will no longer go into spy assignments while in man coverage.
- Receivers weren’t looking for hot-read passes.
- CPU QBs passing during the drop would get set passes instead of on-the-run inaccurate passes.
- Change the logic of man defenders so they don’t run into the backfield and past the receiver they are covering.
- Route running near sideline was causing issues especially on comeback routes.
- Fixed players not respecting global show blitz/press/back off coverage after handing off a receiver.
- Fixed sideline streak routes so they don’t get clamped in a way that the route would end after 10 or 15 yards.
- Drive summaries should now reset after each scoring drive.
- Once a promise becomes active, it was duplicating after each week advance.
- Recruit Reports & Advisory options remained even after the “Allow Time Savers” setting was turned off.
- Schools with a D+ Program Tradition could not get their grade increased through wins and championships.
- In the off-season, post season games were not shown to have been played.
- Fixed an issue where if CPU coaches were given a custom playbook, the players were occasionally lining up close to the ball.
- Fixed an issue where the user was unable to create an offensive playbook that consisted of 1 of every formation.
- Fixed an issue where the user was sometimes losing functionality after the UI disappears in Custom Playbooks.
Increased the stability of the product by fixing various crashes
Last but not least, a “Uniform Store” is being added into the game. More information on what the uniform store is can be found in the NCAA 13 blog at the source link below as well as all the information you see above. They also post a way around the dynasty bug for players who are going through it now for use until the July 31st title update.
Source: EA Sports NCAA 13 Blog