Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Gets Title Update, Delays ‘Arctic Strike’ DLC
When Ghost Recon: Future Soldier hit stores back in late May, long time fans quickly returned to their retailer of choice to pick up that pre-ordered piece of gold. Even before it came out there had been talk of a downloadable content (DLC) pack entitled ‘Arctic Strike’, waiting on the sidelines. Even though details were sketchy at first, they have since been verified with regard to its content. That being said, there is good news and bad.
The good news is that the DLC is packed with some serious stuff. It will include three new multiplayer maps, six new weapons, a new multiplayer mode called ‘Stockade’, a level cap increase of +10, and of course some new achievements. The bad news … it has been delayed. Ubisoft has now announced that the ‘Arctic Strike’ DLC originally scheduled to arrive July 3, is being pushed back to a later in July. They state:
The first downloadable content pack for Ghost Recon Future Soldier is delayed until later in July, we’ll have an exact date soon. We decided to take a small amount of extra time to further polish the content.
While news of the delay may be a bit disappointing to some, it’s also understandable to many. Most people, while eager to get their hands on it, would rather wait a bit more to ensure that it not only looks right, but plays well. With the cost of DLC these days, it’s no wonder Ubisoft is taking a step back to ensure it delivers a quality product.
In addition to the news on ‘Arctic Strike’, they have also shared their intent to release the next title update. No specific date has been assigned to its release but at least we know that it’s in the “submitted” state so it shouldn’t be that far off. The list below, while not all inclusive, highlights some of the major changes being made:
Matchmaking and Connection:
• Reduction in the peak bandwidth required
• Improved tuning of host selection weighting
• Players should no longer experience decrease in their character’s displayed level
PS3 Voice Chat:
• Fixed the primary issues causing players’ voice chat to periodically drop out
• Fixed mute settings persisting in a session after a player left the lobby
Private/System Link Kit Storage:
• Player’s last used kit per character will now persist across matches and sessions
• This is ONLY your last used kit per character / shared between Private and System Link matches
• Added code which lets us remotely tune the number of rounds in the Siege Gametype
• Double-Time bonus no longer lost on respec
• Fix for infinite loading screen
• Fixed a few infrequent crashes
• Fixed multiple progression and map exploits
Ubisoft is assuring players that they have multiple title updates planned for Ghost Recon: Future Soldier “over the life of the game”. For more information on these updates and more, visit their website here.
Source: Ghost Recon: Future Soldier